I collaborated on the score with composer Stephen Cox for Deanna Morse’s short film, Clear (see below). The film was the result of Morse’s residency at the Art & History Museum of Maitland, FL. The film was premiered at their Culture Pop event, part of their month-long celebration called Art31.
More than an exhibition opening, Culture Pop! engages guests with art and the artists. Be the first to see the Art31: Borrowed Light exhibition, in A&H’s Maitland Art Center, featuring Stephen Knapp, Deanna Morse and Ryan Buyssens. Join as we kick off the most experimental and collaborative art festival in Florida:
• 10 Questions with the artists & A&H’s Chief Curator
• Nathan Selikoff’s Audiograph — interactive art projection
• C.R. Barnett’s immersive Art31 Talking Room
• Short films from the Enzian Theater
• Live music by The Pauses & James Dreffen
• Literary readings, moderated by A&H’s Writer-in-Residence
• Pop-up exhibition by Artist-in-Action Suzanne Oberholtzer
• Try the Earthtones: the Ixchel Song Garden instruments
• Meet A&H’s Artists-in-Action & Art School instructors
• Light bites & cash bar
Admission: $5; FREE for A&H members
Culture Pop! is presented by Maitland Vision Center and Orlando Weekly with special thanks to community partner Performing Arts of Maitland. Art31 is produced by Art & History Museums – Maitland and funded in part by Orange County Government through the Arts and Cultural Affairs Program.